Everton CEO reveals Grealish talks
Everton has remained in contact with Jack Grealish as it considers re-signing the Manchester City playmaker.
After falling out of favour under Pep Guardiola, Grealish joined David Moyes's side on a season-long loan before sustaining a foot injury in January that required surgery to fix.
Grealish had made 22 appearances in all competitions for the Toffees, registering two goals and six assists in those outings, more than any other Everton player at that time.
Despite only playing 20 games for Everton in the Premier League, Grealish created more chances from open play for the team throughout their entire campaign, while only James Garner created more chances overall than his 38.
The 30 year-old was a half-time substitute during Man City's 3-0 defeat to Arsenal in last week's Community Shield, and while Everton CEO Angus Kinnear revealed conversations had been had with Grealish, he stopped short of confirming a return to Merseyside in 2026-2027.
"Jack is a player we've remained in contact with," Kinnear said. "It was no secret that he decided to have his rehabilitation done here for the remainder of last season when he didn't have to do that.
"He's a player who's fallen in love with the right shade of blue, but ultimately, he's a Manchester City player at the moment and we need to respect that.
"The most important thing is he's back. He had a very serious injury, he's worked really hard to get back from that."
Moyes was also asked about the situation regarding Grealish, and when questioned whether anything was moving forward, he said: "No, not at the moment.
"It's not for me to talk about. Jack is a player at Man City and I don't think it's right to talk about players from other clubs."
Everton begins its Premier League campaign at Hill Dickinson Stadium this Sunday when it takes on Pierre Sage's Crystal Palace.
This will be Sage's first game in charge of Palace. The Eagles have had 16 previous managers oversee a Premier League match with the club, although just two of those won their first, the last being Oliver Glasner against Burnley in February 2024.
Palace has seen Maxence Lacroix join Chelsea but has welcomed five new faces at Selhurst Park, the most recent of which being Zavier Gozo from Real Salt Lake.
Gozo arrives having made an impressive start for RSL in the MLS this season, registering 10 goal involvements (six goals, four assists) in 16 league appearances so far, earning him a move to the Premier League for a reported £11.1m ($15m) transfer fee.
"I'm really looking forward to playing in the Premier League with Crystal Palace. It's the dream of any footballer," Gozo said.
"I'm excited by the people and the project they have going on here. I've seen a lot of it, and that's what excites me about this club as well: the success that they've had."













